Immobilizer 2 vs immobilizer 3

belalerede

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=240409
I have a 2000 jetta and the computer has died. I have an identical 2003 that has same engine, transmission and options. I do not have and codes for the keys. What I am trying to find out is can I swap out the cluster, keys and ecm. If so what programming will need to be done. Just trying to get it running again for my daughter. Trying to see if immobilizer wiring is the same.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I have a 2000 jetta and the computer has died. I have an identical 2003 that has same engine, transmission and options. I do not have and codes for the keys. What I am trying to find out is can I swap out the cluster, keys and ecm. If so what programming will need to be done. Just trying to get it running again for my daughter. Trying to see if immobilizer wiring is the same.
When you say "computer" do you mean the ECM?

If so, why not get a used one? It's trivial to match a replacement ECM to an Immo-2 car; no security ("PIN") codes required.

-Uwe-

belalerede

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=240409
When you say "computer" do you mean the ECM?

If so, why not get a used one? It's trivial to match a replacement ECM to an Immo-2 car; no security ("PIN") codes required.

-Uwe-

Because I'm a cheapskate. Lol. And if I can just swap it out I'll have more money to do some other repairs.

Back