Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Incorrect labels

Verified VCDS-Lite User
    Post Thanks / Like

Incorrect labels

I am running VCDS-Lite release 1.2 downloaded around 6 months ago.

I have an Audi A4 B5 1999 2.8 Quattro engine ACK.

I am looking at the engine measuring blocks 090-093 but the labels don't appear to be correct.

My controller is 4D0 907 551 R and my label file is 078-907-551-ACK.LBL

All seems good. However I think 091 should show speed (it does) load (it does) adjustment status (it shows load again) and adjustment bank 1 (it shows voltage?!)

The other blocks (090,092.093) are similarly wrong.

What should I change? Seems like the label file is wrong?

Thanks!

Russell

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Russel,

VCDS-Lite Label files haven't been updated in a very long time. If you were using a current version of the software, I'd ask you to run a control module map and have us take a closer look. That said, 078-907-551-ACK doesn't contain any MVB related information, which means the values that look "incorrect" to you are based on the values/units sent by the control module. A rewrite for that file is in the queue, in any case it won't be back-ported to VCDS-Lite.
    Sebastian @ Ross-Tech.com // VCDS Rookie since 2003

»Nichts erweitert das eigene Wissen mehr,
    als die Meinung eines Andersdenkenden.«

Verified VCDS-Lite User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the fast response.

I've noticed that other engine types do have the mvb values. Could I paste them in??

Thanks!

Russell

Post Thanks / Like
    No, depending on where you copy paste from it might give you some closure though from experience, there is a reason why we don't do that. You can always grab a factory repair manual and write your own MVB details in the label file(s).

Verified VCDS-Lite User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. I know what they should be called, but the problem is the unit of measure is wrong. How do I change this so that it gives me the correct output? E.g. Position 4 of block 091 should be degrees KW but it shows voltage. How do I make it show degrees? At present it shows 1.105v. How should I read this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Units are determined by the control module itself, not by the label file. A label file only adds descriptions of the data.

-Uwe-
    Ceterum censeo, delenda est Daesh.

Verified VCDS-Lite User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Understood. So why would my units be wrong from the control module? See my weird data below:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b7ts02d5um...0copy.png?dl=0

There is a file for the AHA engine which is similar to mine. Shall I just rename the file to ACK and try that? Although it sounds like that doesn't solve my unit of measure problem.

How can I decode the data these measuring blocks is giving me?? Is 1.105v = 1.105 degrees KW? In which case I need a timing belt change quickly as this would be out of alignment!

Thanks for the fast responses so far!!

Russell
    Last edited by scaphan; 06-07-2017 at 10:31 AM. Reason: image url wrong

Post Thanks / Like
    The blocks you are referring to are not documented in the factory repair manual for this specific engine code / control module, so wherever you are looking for references - your references are wrong! It is quite possible that your ECM sends raw sensor data (in Volts) instead of a computed °KW/°CF here, yet without having a true documentation it is pure guessing as to what that value may or may not refer to.

9. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS-Lite User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay so if I want to measure the data that I believe to be in measuring blocks 90-93 (data on the position of the timing belt and how far off the cams are) then which blocks would you recommend for the ACK engine? Or is there a resource I should consult? (Bentley suggests blocks 90-93). Russell

Verified VCDS-Lite User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry after more research I have discovered that Bentley (being US) don't cover the ACK engine!!

Therefore I need some resource that will help me label each measuring block so I know what I am looking for. Can you suggest where to look to find which measuring block to observe for cam alignment etc? I assume it isn't blocks 090-093. I have the Haynes manual but that doesn't mention VAG-COM.

Any help is appreciated. I want to use VCDS to help me get the timing belt right.

Thanks in advance.

Russell