Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adjust brightness of low and highbeam 2018 Golf R with Full adaptive led headlights

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    What about the led static cornering light that comes on under 40 km/h when turning or using the turn light. Is there possible to change the adaption for them to stay on all the time with low beams? Maybe I burn the leds if I use them all the time?

I try to code it to work until 60 km/h but they still turn off at 40. I also want to change the high beam assist speed. But can't find anything about that :/

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LasseTheDude View Post
    What about the led static cornering light that comes on under 40 km/h when turning or using the turn light. Is there possible to change the adaption for them to stay on all the time with low beams? Maybe I burn the leds if I use them all the time?

I try to code it to work until 60 km/h but they still turn off at 40. I also want to change the high beam assist speed. But can't find anything about that :/
    LasseTheDude: hmm............. I'm not entirely sure that you can change these threshold values by simply using the usual SA - happy to be told otherwise if anyone else knows differently!

Don
    VW Golf MkVII (103TSI) my13

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is there anything I can do to get the led static cornering light on all the time with low beams?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LasseTheDude View Post
    Is there anything I can do to get the led static cornering light on all the time with low beams?
    LasseTheDude: I'm not familiar with the static concerning light system on the newest mk7 BCMs, but from a quick perusal of your admap, it seems that the associated adaptation channels are bunched together in a newly named cluster with the unsurprising "Parent" descriptor - static AFS light.

Here's the "Child" channels for the AFS (Advanced Front lighting System) from your admap:

IDE03638-IDE04231-static AFS light-Steering wheel angle: offset
    IDE03638-ENG116677-static AFS light-Abdimmgeschwindigkeit
    IDE03638-ENG116673-static AFS light-bei Rueckwaertsfahrt
    IDE03638-ENG116675-static AFS light-Lower speed threshold
    IDE03638-ENG116682-static AFS light-Maximaltemperatur
    IDE03638-ENG116679-static AFS light-obere Grenztemperatur
    IDE03638-ENG116681-static AFS light-Oberer Lenkradwinkel
    IDE03638-ENG116680-static AFS light-untere Grenztemperatur
    IDE03638-ENG116678-static AFS light-Unterer Lenkradwinkel
    IDE03638-ENG116676-static AFS light-Upper speed threshold
    IDE03638-ENG116674-static AFS light-Vorschrift
    IDE03638-ENG115830-static AFS light-Zeitwert Einschaltzeit Abbiegelicht

Since the cornering light lamps are not managed by Leuchte-sets in your vehicle (this did happen in earlier incarnations of halogen headlights that used fog lights for corning lights) and because your autoscan suggests that your car doesn't have an AFS CAN network (no J745 module), I suspect that your only option is to experiment with the settings in these channels - but I'm guessing! Of course the crucial part of experimentation is remembering the default channel setting - 'cause you will need to revert most (all?) changed values.

The other consideration in your quest is the legality of making the change. I'm not aware of your local road rules, but it might be prudent before proceeding to understand if it's kosher in Norway to have the cornering lights permanently illuminated with low beams - I'm almost certain that this would not be compliant with our Australian Design Rules

Don
    Last edited by DV52; 06-24-2017 at 09:05 PM.
    VW Golf MkVII (103TSI) my13

5. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank u sir. I'll give it a try 😊 I also sent u a PM 😊