Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vehicle Speed Shows 5 km/h while standing still

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd be surprised if the DSG didn't respond to PID 0x0D over OBD2... and then you could rebroadcast that on the powertrain bus since apparently you now know how to do the hard part Unless you're already using OBD2 for logging reasons, or the DSG doesn't know the vehicle speed either.
    You ain't metal till you got a clutch pedal

2. Likes Uwe liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would add the abs module and sas, with a cluster to emulate the signals and get you the packets needed on broadcast.
    It's not that much wiring.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions LLC
    Certified Master Trained ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts

www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    I would add the abs module and sas, with a cluster to emulate the signals and get you the packets needed on broadcast.
    It's not that much wiring.
    .....but ABS need talk to another module .....so add another module
    then "another module" must talk to extra module ...so add extra module too
    after that "extra module" need talk to another new module .....so add another new module
    HOT HOT HOT VW Touran 2005 CCS via MFSW HOT HOT HOT

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is the new plan:
    Going to calculate the vehicle speed from RPM, Selected Gear (we know the gear ratios), and Tire Circumference. Then we will put that out on the bus as the vehicle speed and see how she acts....
    Last edited by da40flyer; 06-13-2017 at 09:26 AM.

6. Likes Jack@European_Parts, Uwe, Eric liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    .....but ABS need talk to another module .....so add another module
    then "another module" must talk to extra module ...so add extra module too
    after that "extra module" need talk to another new module .....so add another new module
    Hey Space Ace..........not that many modules speaking to the ABS and options can be coded out.

For me........... I'd a done it just to have the HH and launch control platform.
    I would of tied all the speed inputs together so they read the same speed up and down & so the ESP didn't interfere.

To me some things just make sense to have.

OP does the car have working Launch control and HH already?
    Certified Master Trained ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts

www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post

OP does the car have working Launch control and HH already?
    No. I did not include any of it since I always turned off the traction control with the stock setup, and don't need any sort of launch control.

Post Thanks / Like
    No. I did not include any of it since I always turned off the traction control with the stock setup, and don't need any sort of launch control.

Well the point is you could have the launch control and HH while still completely disabling the ESP by tying the speed sensors together and it would report the speed of the car up and down shift points.

Was just a thought........and HH comes in handy for creep.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just conducted the first test with the additional coding. We calculate the vehicle speed from gear ratio and rpm and then write that out on the bus as the ABS wheel speed. All appears to work correctly!
    The standing rev limiter works, the overall rev limiter hits 7000 rpm, and it now blips the throttle.

The issue now at hand is tiptronic shifting. If I am easy on the throttle and pull an upshift, all works perfect. If I am hard on throttle, rev'ing quickly, it doesn't grab the next gear.

I did redo the DSG Reset in VCDS. Could this be due to having removed vehicle power overnight/couple days and DSG needing to do some additional re-calibration of some sort?
    Last edited by da40flyer; 06-16-2017 at 07:48 PM.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Haven't been able to nail down the issue.... may be because of constant mismatch between ECU speed and DSG speed... don't know...

So going to try @eric 's suggestion and make a PID request for the DSG speed and write that out as the ABS speed.... would certainly be less coding if it works...

@Eric, are you certain that 0x0D will return DSG speed and not the speed from the ECU (wheel speed sensors)?
    Last edited by da40flyer; 06-18-2017 at 04:59 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by da40flyer View Post
    @Eric, are you certain that 0x0D will return DSG speed and not the speed from the ECU (wheel speed sensors)?
    It may very well return both; look at the IDs of the responses to determine which is which.

-Uwe-
    Ceterum censeo, delenda est Daesh.