Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vehicle Speed Shows 5 km/h while standing still

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd do a physical request to the trans (address 7E1, response should be at 7E9) with PID 0x0D. Only the trans will respond. As for the source of what it responds, I don't know. If I were in VAG's shoes, I certainly wouldn't bother with software to independently compute vehicle speed from the output shaft speed (which requires the transmission be coded for the various wheel diameters in all its applications), I'd read it over CAN just like the ECM does. But then again, I'm French, not German The good news is you should be able to tell right now, by using the OBD2 mode of VCDS while at speed. That should get you both speed from the engine and speed from the DSG, and let you decide if what you get from the DSG is worth rebroadcasting.
    You ain't metal till you got a clutch pedal

2. Likes da40flyer, Jack@European_Parts, Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I'd do a physical request to the trans (address 7E1, response should be at 7E9) with PID 0x0D. Only the trans will respond. As for the source of what it responds, I don't know. If I were in VAG's shoes, I certainly wouldn't bother with software to independently compute vehicle speed from the output shaft speed (which requires the transmission be coded for the various wheel diameters in all its applications), I'd read it over CAN just like the ECM does. But then again, I'm French, not German The good news is you should be able to tell right now, by using the OBD2 mode of VCDS while at speed. That should get you both speed from the engine and speed from the DSG, and let you decide if what you get from the DSG is worth rebroadcasting.
    With VCDS at speed, and without my additional coding in my can module calculating speed, ECU shows fixed at 5 km/hr and the DSG vehicle speed shows actual vehicle speed in km/hr.

I just tried 7E1 and response was indeed 7E9 with speed showing correctly! Well, at least from the cursory look at the data so far.
    This may be the answer to my problem... Thanks Eric!
    Last edited by da40flyer; 06-18-2017 at 04:37 PM.

4. Likes Eric, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love it when a plan comes together...........

European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions LLC
    Certified Master Trained ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Service/SMOG Updates/Data Transfer/Off Road Tuning Only! & Parts

www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( Please don't email for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    That appears to have done the trick! We coded in a request for the DSG vehicle speed and then rebroadcast it out as the ABS wheel speed. Seems to work well. Will know better once I get her back out on the track, but the street testing seems to work just fine...

Thanks again everyone!