Thread: What functions will still be available with my Hex+Can(usb)

Post Thanks / Like

What functions will still be available with my Hex+Can(usb)

Have been using my Hex+Can on my 2012 A6 with no issues. Ordered a new(2018) A5 Sportback & I understand that my current Hex+Can hardware will be limited on what I can modify on the newer A4, A5, Q7, etc. I'm curious as to what I'll still be able to accomplish with the older Hex+Can. Only interested in turning off the seat belt chime & setting the auto start/stop default to OFF. Further down the road, I'll be wanting to do the rear brakes. Should I upgrade or just wait until I can try it in the A5 after I take delivery? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I suggest waiting until you get the car and posting an Auto-Scan when you do. It's difficult for us to tell you what modules you might be missing with the old hardware on a car that we haven't seen any data from, in this case a new model year that doesn't exist yet, and an unknown level of equipment.

As a general rule, if you can access a particular module at all, you shouldn't be missing anything in that module.

-Uwe-
    Ceterum censeo, delenda est Daesh.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Uwe, will do. Wish I didn't have to wait 3-4 months!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator6 View Post
    Thanks, Uwe, will do. Wish I didn't have to wait 3-4 months!!
    Well, you don't have to wait. If you want an upgrade to a current generation interface, there isn't any reason not to order one. It will be faster on both of these cars than the old HEX+CAN. However, it's not in my nature to try to sell you an upgrade I'm not sure you'll need.

-Uwe-
    Ceterum censeo, delenda est Daesh.