Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bitcoin - cryptocurrency?

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well Don Bitcoin went up more but I still think people are crazy...........I prefer the short position upon a news item.

"Puts" being bluntly.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-40848505
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions LLC
    Certified Master Trained ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts

www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

2. Likes DV52 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^ Jack: I'm not aware that anyone has as yet developed a futures market for Bitcoins yet. Sounds like a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for "Jack's Derivatives Inc" ( a subsidiary company of VWemporium) to hit the NY stock Exchange! Likely you will either be a very wealthy man, or it will be a very short trip to Chapter 7 - but hell, it's bound to be a fun journey -either way!!

Don
    VW Golf MkVII (103TSI) my13

4. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    ...or it will be a very short trip to Chapter 7...
    Dude! It's shorter than I thought.....

6. Likes DV52 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Certified Master Trained ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts

www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

8. Likes Blazs_A4ABC, DV52 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/12/nort...sanctions.html

Time to ban cryptocurrencies everywhere.
    'VAG... Turning owners into mechanics for over 50 years.'

'96 Audi A4 Avant Quattro 2.6 ABC
    '09 Skoda Octavia Combi 4x4 1.8 TSI CDAA

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh no.......

Bitcoin skyrockets above $7,000 for the first time

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/marke...t5R&ocid=ientp
    The digital currency bitcoin rocketed above $7,000 for the first time Thursday after a more than sevenfold increase in its value since the start of the year.
    Bitcoin has seen eye-watering gains in recent months and has more than doubled in value in the past seven weeks alone. It hit as high as $7,066.44 on the Luxembourg-based Bitstamp exchange Thursday.
    The latest rally was driven by news earlier this week that the world's largest derivatives exchange operator CME Group is to launch bitcoin futures.
    The price move takes bitcoin's aggregate value, or "market cap" -- its price multiplied by the number of bitcoins released into circulation -- to more than $117 billion, according to industry website Coinmarketcap.
    The aggregate value of all cryptocurrencies is now at a record high of over $190 billion, the website said.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    dv52 calling Jack@european_Parts!!

Jack: Thought you might be interested in the latest Bitcoin price compared to US CPI and the Dow.

Had I been a US citizen in 2009 and had I purchased 1 bit-coin (which was then worth less than 1 cent), that initial investment would have grown 15,000 times!! Damn I wish that I had filled-out those citizenship papers!!

But it seems that almost all bitcoin trades happen in China! What do the Chinese know that the west doesn't know?

Might be time to get-in before the hoarders?

Don

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    dv52 calling Jack@european_Parts!!

But it seems that almost all bitcoin trades happen in China! What do the Chinese know that the west doesn't know?

Don
    China has the biggest BTC mining farms, so that's where most transactions happened. That is, until lately, when China started to ban bitcoin ICOs and other cryptocurrencies. To make their own, controlled version of it.

Betting on something like a 1-cent investment will worth over 6000 USD in just a couple of years is as irrational as one not wondering: who is interested to give more and more dollars for the same unit of BTC that gets more and more attention from the authorities and rumors are that the banning wave will continue among far Eastern countries (Russia is also planning to put payments and ICOs under strict control).

Btw this value of BTC is extremely volatile. Moving just a couple of thousand BTCs in a short time could start a price swing.

13. Likes Uwe, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That didn't take too long...

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-gl...-idUSKBN1DA1L9

I'm not a finance expert or a big risk taker (apart from being a TSI owner with worn piston rings), but IMO
    * Running away from losses by hopping between coins is like when drunk people tripping in their own feet and deciding to outrun themselves as they lean forward,
    * Hard forks in coins is mutiny, destroying trust in rules.

15. Likes Jack@European_Parts, Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^^ Naarh.... perfectly sensible strategy for managing risk for those lazy millions of real dollars that we all have tucked-away in our sock draw at home!! In trading terms it's called a "basis hedge" - take a position in another currency (if you believe that either of these products are currencies) to offset the risk of loss in the Bitcoin market. Taking a position in the Bitcoin Cash exchange also provides the opportunity for arbitrage across the two markets if the spread gets too large!

Where's Jack and his new futures exchange for Bitcoins?

Don