Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Quantum Leap! "Hello World"

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Not Brakes. But not non-magnetic either...
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

2. Likes Jack@European_Parts, vreihen liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    NOT Brakes. But not non-magnetic either...
    Correct brake rotors are made of ferrous materials & either become magnetic or can alter states of how fields are directed/canceled.

Interesting thing about conductive materials and what strange things can be done with those currents after being auto generated & if properly focused.

Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 01-07-2018 at 03:44 PM. Reason: fixed quote and added comment on
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    I really liked the effort here on this one, but it isn't right...........

Not accounting for current generated nor "focusing" the current.

Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Above Magic!

Post Thanks / Like
    Above Magic!

7. Likes vreihen liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not Brakes. But not non-magnetic either...
    Just keep in mind that most motors have static magnets stuck to case and secured in the case and that case is usually magnetic being steel.

Example: Any Bosch starter motor........
    Above Magic!

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    I really liked the effort here on this one, but it isn't right...........

Not accounting for current generated nor "focusing" the current.
    "focusing the current"? I can't see any attempt in this machine to manage the electrical part of the laws of electro-magnetism? It's purely a permanent magnet machine!!

Yes, I agree that the maker has put in a lot of work to construct a type of "magnetic commutator", but the symmetry of the magnetic field in the permanent magnets and the lack of any electro-magnets to force commutation (as required by a brush-less DC motor) is clearly stopping the machine from maintaining unidirectional torque. But I do like the "inventor's" obvious conviction - demonstrated by the effort that he has put into the magnetic - brake machine!!

Don
    VW Golf MkVII (103TSI) my13

10. Likes Uwe, Jack@European_Parts, vreihen liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    "focusing the current"? I can't see any attempt in this machine to manage the electrical part of the laws of electro-magnetism? It's purely a permanent magnet machine!!
    Again which is why I site " +- magnetic core " principle but done so mechanically by orbits.

Yes, I agree that the maker has put in a lot of work to construct a type of "magnetic commutator", but the symmetry of the magnetic field in the permanent magnets and the lack of any electro-magnets to force commutation (as required by a brush-less DC motor) is clearly stopping the machine from maintaining unidirectional torque. But I do like the "inventor's" obvious conviction - demonstrated by the effort that he has put into the magnetic - brake machine!!

Don
    And you or others have not seen the entire machine or axis.
    I was just making a statement as to ferrous materials ...........

Those brakes will be functional to stop it this time by caliper.

It wouldn't be much fun if I didn't do it with part VAG MOD FOD!

Above Magic!

Post Thanks / Like
    I blame MMMM for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.newsweek.com/earth-magnet...lackout-795179

EARTH’S MAGNETIC POLES SHOW SIGNS THEY’RE ABOUT TO FLIP—EXPOSING HUMANS TO RADIATION AND PLANET-WIDE BLACKOUTS

BY KASTALIA MEDRANO
    ON 1/30/18 AT 1:59 PM

Historically, Earth’s North and South magnetic poles have flipped every 200,000 or 300,000 years—except right now, they haven’t flipped successfully for about 780,000 years. But the planet’s magnetic field is at long last showing signs of shifting. Although there’s no way to know yet for sure, it could be gearing up to flip once more, according to Undark Magazine. And that possibility is raising new speculation about what that means for planetary life.

Our planet’s magnetic field protects us from lethal levels of radiation from phenomena like solar rays. The dangerous particles never hit us directly, because upon entering the Earth’s atmosphere the magnetic field deflects them and forces them to move around, according to NASA. So the prospect of that field weakening, which it does when it’s getting ready to flip, is worrisome: It would leave us without sufficient protection.

The Earth’s magnetic field extends out from electrical currents created by the metals in its core, generating invisible lines that touch back down at the planet’s opposing magnetic poles. Cosmic radiation expert Daniel Baker, director of the Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics at the University of Colorado, Boulder, believes that the next pole reversal could likely render some areas of the planet unlivable, according to Undark.

That devastation could arrive through multiple avenues. The combination of powerful space particles, like unfiltered solar rays, cosmic rays and ultraviolet B rays (the stuff your sunscreen bottle warns you about), would smash through our battered ozone layer and lead us the way of the dinosaurs.

Our infrastructure wouldn’t fare much better. Since satellite grids are linked, once radiation eats through, more will follow, causing a cascading mass blackout, among other disasters, according to Undark.

Because we haven’t reached that point yet, scientists are using imagery from satellites to track the magnetic field’s movements. Since 2014, Swarm—a trio of satellites from the European Space Agency—has allowed researchers to study changes building at the Earth’s core, where the magnetic field is generated.

Their observations reveal that both the molten iron and nickel are draining out of the Earth’s core. That kind of restless activity could indicate that the field is preparing to flip, according to Undark. Protective measures could include building more radiation-fortified satellites, plus shoring up ones that are already operational, according to the International Business Times.

Not all of the Earth’s polarity reversal attempts are successful; the poles last put out a botched effort around 40,000 years ago, according to Futurism. And scientists have yet to establish a cause-and-effect relationship between pole reversals and mass extinctions.

But that doesn’t mean there isn’t one. We might not know when the poles will finally complete their long-overdue switch, but we at least have the advantage of being able to prepare.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah we will just reverse the polarity..............

MMMM will still work, only in reverse as will the fields to protect the planet is my speculation.

Fuck Undark.........

If you are truly really worried study and retain mechanical devices to do work!

Funny how when you dig through layers of load stone to observe the shifts in polarity are what you find, that and destruction levels that may want you to consider living on high ground 450 feet above current sea level of the ball earth..

It isn't rocket science .....why do you think deserts exist where the sea once was?
    Above Magic!