Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Quantum Leap! "Hello World"

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Not Brakes. But not non-magnetic either...
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

2. Likes vreihen, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    NOT Brakes. But not non-magnetic either...
    Correct brake rotors are made of ferrous materials & either become magnetic or can alter states of how fields are directed/canceled.

Interesting thing about conductive materials and what strange things can be done with those currents after being auto generated & if properly focused.

Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 01-07-2018 at 04:44 PM. Reason: fixed quote and added comment on
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions LLC
    Certified Master Trained ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts

www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    I really liked the effort here on this one, but it isn't right...........

Not accounting for current generated nor "focusing" the current.

Certified Master Trained ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts

www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

7. Likes vreihen liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not Brakes. But not non-magnetic either...
    Just keep in mind that most motors have static magnets stuck to case and secured in the case and that case is usually magnetic being steel.

Example: Any Bosch starter motor........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    I really liked the effort here on this one, but it isn't right...........

Not accounting for current generated nor "focusing" the current.
    "focusing the current"? I can't see any attempt in this machine to manage the electrical part of the laws of electro-magnetism? It's purely a permanent magnet machine!!

Yes, I agree that the maker has put in a lot of work to construct a type of "magnetic commutator", but the symmetry of the magnetic field in the permanent magnets and the lack of any electro-magnets to force commutation (as required by a brush-less DC motor) is clearly stopping the machine from maintaining unidirectional torque. But I do like the "inventor's" obvious conviction - demonstrated by the effort that he has put into the magnetic - brake machine!!

Don
    VW Golf MkVII (103TSI) my13

10. Likes vreihen, Jack@European_Parts, Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    "focusing the current"? I can't see any attempt in this machine to manage the electrical part of the laws of electro-magnetism? It's purely a permanent magnet machine!!
    Again which is why I site " +- magnetic core " principle but done so mechanically by orbits.

Yes, I agree that the maker has put in a lot of work to construct a type of "magnetic commutator", but the symmetry of the magnetic field in the permanent magnets and the lack of any electro-magnets to force commutation (as required by a brush-less DC motor) is clearly stopping the machine from maintaining unidirectional torque. But I do like the "inventor's" obvious conviction - demonstrated by the effort that he has put into the magnetic - brake machine!!

Don
    And you or others have not seen the entire machine or axis.
    I was just making a statement as to ferrous materials ...........

Those brakes will be functional to stop it this time by caliper.

It wouldn't be much fun if I didn't do it with part VAG MOD FOD!