Airbag icon

joemoto

Reaction score
I'd like to find out with a reasonable degree of certainty if I can do what is needed to eliminate the Air bag icon using the HEX-V2.

I sold back to Volkswagen my 2013 Golf TDI and swapped the seats from it into its replacement a 2014 Golf TDI, I couldn't get the overwhelming detailing smell out.

The Airbag light was on and I didn't think anything of it and turned the car in 3 days later; as such I cannot transfer the Passenger Occupant Sensing equipment from under the seat.
This was 6 months ago, I use the car for commuting to work 100 miles a day and want to get the passenger airbag functional.

In all honesty I do have access to another ODB reader and was able to pull enough information, I hope, to allow you to assess whether the HEX-V@ will suffice.

I am seeing:
1 - B102254 - Passenger occupant detection system control module. No calibration - static
1a - Possibly contributing to B102254 is this "Front Passenger seat position sensor current value measured TOO LOW

2- B102255 - Passenger occupant detection system control module. Not configured - Intermittent

Most times the B102254 is the only fault detected. I didn't realize the can of worms I was opening when I chose this action. At least the car smells as it should.

Finally, I'm not asking how to fix this for free nor any of the steps required to rectify this as $200 is worth it to me. I need to know with a reasonable level of confidence that the "calibration" error can be removed by entering the correct values for the present components.
Thank you,
Joe

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
Assuming the components are compatible, then yes, VCDS and a HEX-V2 should help with the job.

As to the details of the coding and so on... that remains. An Autoscan from the vehicle will be required for any here to assist. Details of the components changed will also be needed.

What you are attempting is considered a retrofit by us. Please read what we will support in the way of Retrofits before making a purchase. VCDS is a diagnostic tool that may give assistance with retrofits but Ross-Tech makes no promise that all things people want to do to modify their cars can be coded/configured using standard VAG protocols.

My point? We make no promise to you that your seat airbag issue will be solved using ours or any other factory level diagnostic tool. We will try to help as will others here in this forum. But don't take a $199 purchase as a guarantee of success.

1 - B102254 - The current too low bothers me. Seems the sensor may not match the control modules expected value. The expected value may not be something one can change with a diagnostic tool. It all depends on what the VAG engineers put in the module and what might be accessible to a diagnostic tool.

2 - B102255 - Control module not configured sounds like a coding issue.. and maybe when coded properly, the above current expectation will be changed to the right value.

Want guaranteed success, get the seat provider to assist with the job. He should know how to do it since he sold the product.

Reactions: Uwe

joemoto

Reaction score
Bruce,
Thank you for your quick response.

"1 - B102254 - The current too low bothers me. Seems the sensor may not match the control modules expected value. The expected value may not be something one can change with a diagnostic tool. It all depends on what the VAG engineers put in the module and what might be accessible to a diagnostic tool.

2 - B102255 - Control module not configured sounds like a coding issue.. and maybe when coded properly, the above current expectation will be changed to the right value."

I agree with your assessment given the current information that is available. It is curious that the B102255 not configured has only popped up twice for me and that was when I first grabbed a data pull.

The seat provider, apart from VAG, would likely be me as I swapped the seats and they looked the same, came from the same generation, and from the end user functioned exactly the same. Oh well
Each vehicle had the same trouble light post swap and I attributed it to a need for a better ODB tool to reset it.

I am hoping that a calibration sequence will come to light after I purchase your tool, I've observed that different suppliers, may for the finished products proper operation, require a slightly different setup...

After I purchase the HEX-V2 where do I go to learn how to download what you will need?
Thank you,
Joe

Back