Thread: TDI 18447/P2015/008213 - Intake Manifold Flap Position Sensor

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like

TDI 18447/P2015/008213 - Intake Manifold Flap Position Sensor

TDI CR etc.. 18447/P2015/008213 - Intake Manifold Flap Position Sensor (Bank 1): Implausible Signal

As promised.......... I had time today during a repair.

How to fix the code correctly & without some stupid bracket or with one to the tune of .50 cents + my two cents.
    Sorry Diesel Dike, you have to kiss my ass on this one.

Remove intake flap motor to bench unit & or just cover in car to drill one hole and insert a spring roll pin.

Remove all things that are in the way such as air box etc.. using common sense.

Remove plastic intermediate gear from motor to flap mechanism.

Now move flap into half way position and secure with pins or clamps.

Center punch the aluminum and drill the spot as shown in picture.

Insert spring pin and tap in with hammer then adjust as needed, further reinstall the aforementioned gear.

Reinstall the cover and or the entire unit back in car & you are done, other than adaptions or DTC cleared in VCDS.

Second repair can be done by drilling & tapping one hole & by adding a small piece of sheet metal that is adjustable on same side as the actuator arm as pictured.

NostraJackAss Has Spoken!

https://s14.postimg.org/87y9h3xgx/INTAKE_PINPING.png

[IMG][/IMG]

European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions LLC
    Certified Master Trained ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts

www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

2. Likes Uwe, GaryM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Out of interest, what actually breaks to cause the implausible signal, and why is there a need to install a spring pin and a custom bracket, neither of which were there in the first place? If these need to be added to fix the problem then why weren't they needed when the unit was originally designed and manufactured?

Post Thanks / Like
    Out of interest, what actually breaks to cause the implausible signal, and why is there a need to install a spring pin and a custom bracket, neither of which were there in the first place? If these need to be added to fix the problem then why weren't they needed when the unit was originally designed and manufactured?
    Hey Gary,

The internal "stop seat" for base position wears or breaks allowing the travel to exceed the threshold compared to when it is new.

The casting block is where is ends up hitting when damaged.

I have been fixing with just a PIN in the car for 8 years, however, no one would ever take the time to listen.....the same can be done externally in inverse.
    Recently I recanted to a forum post about it and the OP asked for a picture, so I told him when I got around to it.... I'd post it being today.

I just wanted to show everyone that yes it can be done, the way I state & on the cheap, far cleaner and with no external bracket needed, further can be done in the car in minutes; without removing the spring or linkage, which many damage from lack of mechanicals for experience.

As for why VAG has allowed for such a part to be produced without a revision is their own stupidity.
    Changing the design admits fault no?

I speculate if I had posted this in the Whoretex today, it would of been vacated & because when I did 6 years ago, it was in fact removed to protect parts sellers that advertise.

NostraJackAss Has Spoken!
    Certified Master Trained ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts

www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

5. Likes Uwe, GaryM, NZDubNurd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's a great explanation and such a simple fix to perform with a bit of care. Thanks Jack

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    fyi, they did change the design for the gas intake manifold.

I posted a link to a video a month or so ago, although no idea if the same can be applied to TDI models.

Post Thanks / Like
    fyi, they did change the design for the gas intake manifold.

I posted a link to a video a month or so ago, although no idea if the same can be applied to TDI models
    This is TDI and yes I have done it for gas models too........

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you know I have never sold any of my customers a new intake flap motor for a TDI, and just installed a pin in theirs for free when doing the actual maintenance?

I didn't need to make it a business model or profit from it.

Did you know the same can be done to TDI turbo charger controllers on some applications that people get big bucks for & I actually have the tools to set those up while many dealers didn't have it.