Strut / Shock absorber - 2010 VW Passat

passin

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=295101
I'm going to be tackling the project of replacing my struts and shock absorbers this weekend and am having trouble tracking down the exact specs for all the bolts involved. Does anyone have the exact torque specs for a 2010 vw Passat? Or if possible point me in the direction where I can get this information. I've not been able to find a service manual for this car other than a Bentley DVD that seems like a terrible idea (Only usable on XP?!?).

I would appreciate any help anyone can give me on this! Thank you in advance,
-Passin

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Or if possible point me in the direction where I can get this information. I've not been able to find a service manual for this car other than a Bentley DVD that seems like a terrible idea (Only usable on XP?!?).
I would suggest a one-day subscription to erWin would be the ticket here. It costs $35.

Make sure you have the ability to print stuff to PDF files. ;)

https://erwin.vw.com/erwin/showOrderFlatrate.do

-Uwe-

passin

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=295101
Perfect, do you know how often they update their material? Is there any way to contact them to confirm the material I need is actually in their documents?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Perfect, do you know how often they update their material?
Since that's as official as it gets, it's also the most up-to-date information available.

Is there any way to contact them to confirm the material I need is actually in their documents?
That, I do not know. But if torque specs have been published at all, I would expect them to be there.

-Uwe-

passin

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=295101
Just wanted to update with a response to this information. Erwin did have a very good pdf manual for the vehicle that had all the torque specs. Having the ability to print PDF's is a nice hint... Erwin also had information on almost all other aspects of the vehicle which I was able to 'check out'. Worth the $35!

Reactions: Uwe
Back