Just joined the collective!

jasons6930

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=304798
Hi all,

Just bought myself a VCDS for home use, and wondered if the vehicle records how many times it has been accessed via VCDS?

Reason being, is that it's a new vehicle and I don't want the dealer to find any kind of excuse not to deal with any warranty issues.

Cheers!

GaryM

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=226919
No, they won't know that you've been connecting VCDS to your car unless you tell them. The only thing you need to be aware of is that some setting changes require a WSC to be entered for the change to take effect, so if you enter a fictitious code then someone could possibly work out you did that but believe me, the dealers don't have the time to bother with that.

In fact, having VCDS while your car is under warranty is an advantage because you can find out when the dealer has been lying to you or to make sure they haven't updated control module software on your car when you've told them not to.

One thing I will say is that while VCDS does keep logs of what you do, it is always a wise move to do and save a full Auto-Scan and/or take a full backup of the adaptation map(s) of any controllers you are messing with BEFORE you start making any changes.

jasons6930

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=304798
Hi Gary and thanks for the info.

What's a WSC?

:)

jasons6930

Verified VCDS User
Verified