Audio Issue

Lmassey

Reaction score
Afternoon all,
I was wondering if you can help me or point me in the correct direction if possible,

I have a Volkswagen Scirocco 2010 with dynaudio fitted from factory. I had a front end crash passenger side a few months back and ever since then I have had sound quality issue with my incar audio, there is a lot of base coming thought the speaker's even with the base down on the equaliser I still have base coming thought the speaker's but with the equaliser in the middle its so bad that it makes the interior mirror shake and the wing mirrors, I can even feel the vibrations in my seat with bass equaliser turned down.

Since the crash I have had a new amp fitted from Volkswagen themselves and I have also had a new headunit, Volkswagen have stated there are no faults found on there diagnostic system how ever there is 100% a fault there as the bass is just over powering it doesn't sound like it should, where its thumps it sounds like it thumps and then the thump looses its thump and sends vibrations thought the speakers its really difficult to explain the issue. I would really really appreciate advise and if you could point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you so much for your help in advance

Lewis Massey

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Please post an Auto-Scan so people can see what's installed in this car and how it's configured.

-Uwe-

Lmassey

Reaction score
Audio issue

Good Morning,

I was wondering if you can help me or point me in the correct direction if possible,

I have a Volkswagen Scirocco 2010 with dynaudio fitted from factory. I had a front end crash passenger side a few months back and ever since then I have had sound quality issue with my incar audio, there is a lot of low frequency bass coming thought the speaker's even with the base down on the equaliser I still have base coming thought the speaker's but with the equaliser in the middle its so bad that it makes the interior mirror shake and the wing mirrors, I can even feel the vibrations in my seat with bass equaliser turned down.

Since the crash I have had a new amp fitted from Volkswagen themselves and I have also had a new headunit, Volkswagen have stated there are no faults found on there diagnostic system how ever there is 100% a fault there as the bass is just over powering it doesn't sound like it should, where its thumps it sounds like it thumps and then the thump looses its thump and sends vibrations thought the speakers its really difficult to explain the issue. I would really really appreciate advise and if you could point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

MasterTommy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=295586
You didnt accidentally switch a tweeter with a low-freq speaker as far as the wiring goes? I don’t know the extent of the damage and if anything was rewired...

Lmassey

Reaction score
Hi Tommy,

Nothing was rewired, I just had a new front bumper on the car the only fault code that come up on the vagcom is *control module for cellular telephone - open circuit*
What that course the issue I’m facing with the low bass do you think thank you

Lmassey

Reaction score
You didnt accidentally switch a tweeter with a low-freq speaker as far as the wiring goes? I don’t know the extent of the damage and if anything was rewired...

Hi Tommy,

Nothing was rewired, I just had a new front bumper on the car the only fault code that come up on the vagcom is *control module for cellular telephone - open circuit*
What that course the issue I’m facing with the low bass do you think thank you

Lmassey

Reaction score
what about that autoscan?

hi, I don't have my own access to VCDS however I have been to somebody who looked into that and they said its all fine Eg coding is correct and amp has enough power could if be a firmware issue do you think ?

thank you

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
hi, I don't have my own access to VCDS however I have been to somebody who looked into that and they said its all fine
This is a forum for VCDS owners, so we're going to need a VCDS Auto-Scan to be able to help you.

Reactions: Uwe

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Moving to General VW/Audi Repair.

-Uwe-

Back