Ross-Tech Cable HEX-V2 FAKE???

Edition30#1536

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=326067
Right I’m new to all this Ross-Tech Business & bought a cable of EBay which cost me £220 would like to know if it’s a fake? It’s got written on the dongle HEX-V2 DUAL-K & CAN USB Interface for VCDS H10-000000 Assembled by: WWW.Ross-Tech.com. Also written on the rear as Car Diag Info: wiki.Ross.Tech.com

Support Forum:
Forums.Ross-Tech.

As a sticker on the side of it saying WARRANTY PROTECTION
DO NOT REMOVE & A NUMBER 034250 EBAY ITEM 192422943842

Any help would be much Appreciated

iichel

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=284912
If you make an autoscan and mention the serial number, it is probably possible for the ross tech people to verify it being genuine (or not).

Spacewalker

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=159607
I seen HEX V2 on alli**** for a short time , hard to say if is HEX CAN with V2 cover or not.
Post s/n , so they can see how many "bothers and sisters" it have ;)

golfi_vend

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195131
It's not V2. It's regular hex-can clone shit.

Throw in garbage and start a ebay case with seller.

AndySwede

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=172802
I guess the seller should be clear about what kind of VIN configuration you´re buying, since there are different offers from RossTech?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
It’s got written on the dongle HEX-V2 DUAL-K & CAN USB Interface for VCDS H10-000000
Definitely Fake.

Additional checks (just to convince yourself):

Plug it in. Do [Options] -> [Test]. What does VCDS identify the interface as? A real HEX-V2 identifies as follows:

wXGuzFN.png

Note: "Type: HEX-V2", CB and FW versions, and the last line with VBat and VIgn voltages.

Also: Feel free to post the serial number that VCDS shows on the About screen.

-Uwe-

Boki Ar

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57300
Don't worry. Just plug in car and all will be fine. ;)

L2ZXJ6v.jpg

vroomr

Reaction score
Turns out I just bought a fake too... :banghead: Some people truly suck.

It was advertised as a Hex-V2. Seller will not take it back, nor will he acknowledge that these go for 25$ new. I paid $100 for it and it was said to have 1 VIN used.

My plan was to use it on my current VW and then add more VINs and sell it, or keep it until I did not need it anymore.

Just goes to show you, gotta be careful.

And if you want a fake, then buy a fake. If you want the real one, buy from a distributor or someone you actually know and trust.

So what is the best thing to do with one such fake?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
This always worries me. I've accepted it as the norm - but why 'Questionable'?
Because it had no power on the car side at that point. So it's "questionable" whether it's capable of communicating in that state. :)

-Uwe-

Jetta 97

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=81680
Turns out I just bought a fake too... :banghead: Some people truly suck.

It was advertised as a Hex-V2. Seller will not take it back, nor will he acknowledge that these go for 25$ new. I paid $100 for it and it was said to have 1 VIN used.

My plan was to use it on my current VW and then add more VINs and sell it, or keep it until I did not need it anymore.

Just goes to show you, gotta be careful.

And if you want a fake, then buy a fake. If you want the real one, buy from a distributor or someone you actually know and trust.

So what is the best thing to do with one such fake?

If you buy it on ebay , you can get it back your money if you make a complain to ebay, Just tell them he sold you CLONE /PIRATE product.

DMC2020

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=326300
Sorry to hijack this thread, but I too have just realised I have bought a counterfeit cable.

I bought what I believed to be a genuine Hex-V2 cable on eBay for £240. I had an issue with the cable so I decided to do some research.

I then came across this thread. The cable looks all genuine like you would expect.

The seller is playing hard ball and is trying to offer a partial refund (£120) and he'll even let me keep the cable... Ha! Joker.

The thing is, i didn't even realize this was a fake cable at first as I was able to use the official software downloaded from your website.

I'm guessing he has some how cloned a genuine key? Is there a way to blacklist this key from your software?

iichel

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=284912
i'm not an expert, but if one somehow successfully copied both the chip and its content, it will appear as if it were original.
hope you'll get a full refund, a cloned cable isn't worth a since pence and these sellers should not be rewarded. he's probably still making a huge profit.
it's the R&D and service work that's most expensive (ross tech has an office full of full-time employees), the costs of the cable in terms of manufacturing is only a small part.
that's why the intellectual property is so important...

NZDubNurd

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=230482
it's the R&D and service work that's most expensive (ross tech has an office full of full-time employees), the costs of the cable in terms of manufacturing is only a small part.
that's why the intellectual property is so important...

And it's nothing like the Movies, where some morally-corrupt, but good looking weirdo gets paid shit loads of money to prance around acting the fool. Pretty sure Uwe doesn't make US$8,000,000 per unit :D

I think there is sometimes a bit of "acting the fool" at Ross-Tech HQ though ;)

Reactions: Uwe
Back