Adapting immo parts

AALocks

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=262900
Hi,
Hopefully this is the right part of the forum to post this.

I get a fair bit of having to replace an instrument cluster or ECU, most of these I can do by OBD but these have been older immo versions. Lately I have had a run of cars that I had the SKC from the car and the replacement parts but have been unable to adapt and I think this may be beyond VCDS as I don't have scans from these cars so this is just a general question for now.

First was a 3C Passat, so comfort module and Simos 1.2 ECU -
I can read the SKC and Component protection data from both ECU's using another tool. When I use VCDS the CCM accepts the SKC but when I do to adaption channel 50 remains unavaliable, I tried waiting 5 minutes as from memory this is what is needed when adapting other immo related parts like the steering lock. Either way it remained unavaliable.

The other was a Audi A4 8E 2008, RB8 cluster and EDC16U31 ECU -
Again using a different tool I am able to read the SKC and CS from old and new ECU. When I enter the SKC in immobiliser it is accepted, channel 50 shows as available but will not accept the new SKC.

In both cases I made sure that all relevant coding was first changed. I know that I have done cars before with CS but from memory these were MK5 Golfs and Jetta's, I vaguely recall something about the diesel not needing CS but the petrol did, so this might be why I have been able to do some before ( I can't recall what engines they I did though). I am thinking that the reason that I have been unable to adapt these parts is because of the CS and in both cars it can not be changed by adaption. Does this sound correct?

I have heard that this can be done with ODIS and access to GeKo or a couple of other tools which support immo adaption.

Does it sound like I am on the right track?

Thanks,
Brendan

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I don't think a PIN/SKC code alone is enough in either of these cars; that the proper way to go about this is with a response calculated from the Immo-4 challenge code, which changes with each ignition cycle, and the algorithm needed to calculate the response from the challenge doesn't exist in the VAS or ODIS software, only on the GeKo server...

-Uwe-

AALocks

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=262900
Thanks Uwe,
I did think that there would be a bit more to it for a used component as it would make sense for details like the CS to be locked to that component. Time to get some more kit.

Back