Recent Blogs Posts

1. Is hunting all about killing?

A week ago, I traveled to Virginia on what I hope becomes an annual tradition - a deer hunting trip in the mountains and farm land of Virginia. I find that many people think me to be nuts! I understand that my personality would render such a conclusion but they seem to feel that the idea of killing a deer is barbaric - is crass beyond belief. After all, I have no need to take the life of such cute animals. I can go to the super market and buy the meat I need to feed my family.

Updated 11-29-2014 at 08:58 AM by Bruce

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Is reading really a bad thing?

I was wondering, have we moved to a society that no longer values reading? So many I meet seem surprised that I read 15-20 books a year... Have we become so dependent on media stimulation that reading is becoming obsolete?

I pick up a book and one of things that thrill me about reading is that I get to use my imagination to conjure the idea the author is trying to present. I mean, in video or sound, the idea is conveyed in almost instant information. The brain reacts to the observed ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Am I just old or have our values really changed as much as I think they have?

Back in the stone ages when Uwe and I were kids, our parents were busy making a living and left us to find a way to occupy ourselves. We were not entertained by parents or teachers. No, we made our own games and entertainment. For sure, some of these led to unexpected consequences because we did things that were .. well let's just say they were not the "most astute and proper" activities one should pursue. But fun? You bet.

We also were not dependent on mom and dad ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Why This Forum Exists

For fourteen years, Ross-Tech has been helping people use the VAG-COM Diagnostic System to diagnose and repair problems, tweak various settings, and retrofit parts that VW-Audi never envisioned being installed in their particular cars. We've done this over the phone, via e-mail, and in various other forums, but a couple of years ago things got to the point where, despite having three full-time people to answer customers' questions, our phones were literally ringing all the time. So we did two ...

Updated 03-05-2014 at 11:00 AM by Uwe

Categories
    Uncategorized